Participant Terms and Conditions 2018
Upon booking with Snowdon Events you hereby agree to the following:
1. You are 18 years of age or older. If under 18 years of age you must be accompanied by a supervising adult with a valid ticket, and they must accompany you at all times. Adults accompanying children under the age of 18 years, can only be responsible for up to 2 children under 18 years old at a time. Snowdon Events reserves the right to instigate an over 18 years of age policy on some events, if applicable this stated on the event information page.
2. Snowdon Events will make every effort to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable time. We design all our events to give the least risk possible to the participant. However, Snowdon Events recognises that walking, running, water sports, and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. By participating in these activities, you should be aware of and accept these risks, being responsible for your own actions.
3. All participants take part at their own risk and neither Snowdon Events nor their partners, staff, or sub-contractors accept liability, or offer any compensation regarding accident or injury whilst taking part in an event. By booking onto our event yourself and any named members in your booking party understand and agree to this.
4. You agree to follow any instruction given to you by event staff. Snowdon Events operates a zero-tolerance policy on any verbal or physical abuse given to our staff or other event participants. Any participant not adhering to this will be immediately withdrawn from the event and responsible for themselves. We reserve the right to take further actions and criminal proceedings if deemed necessary.
5. Snowdon Events provide kit lists specific for each event, these are a mandatory requirement (unless otherwise stated) to ensure your participation. Snowdon Events reserves the right to withdraw you from any event if deemed necessary.
6. Any personal medical information will be held confidentially. You must declare any medical conditions applicable to event participation upon booking. This will not preclude you from taking part unless deemed unsafe. Any medical conditions not disclosed upon booking (for you and all members of your booking party) deemed by Snowdon Events to be relevant to your participation will automatically withdraw you from the event. You hold the responsibility for any personal medication or medical equipment and you must ensure you carry/ wear this whilst participating in our events.
7. Snowdon Events holds no responsibility for any spectators or members of the public not participating in our events.
8. Snowdon Events operates a zero-tolerance policy on alcohol, drugs, and illegal substances. Any participant suspected or found to be under the influence of or in possession of alcohol*, drugs or illegal substances will be immediately withdrawn from the event. We reserve the right to take further actions and criminal proceedings if deemed necessary. *Alcohol may be consumed at event after parties in a responsible manner and may be provided as prizes or part of an event goody bag, this is only to be consumed after the event.
9. Snowdon Events operates a zero-tolerance policy against any discriminatory or derogatory behaviour by participants.
10. Snowdon Events take no responsibility for any service outside of our event package.
11. Any defamation of character against Snowdon Events, its staff, or its partners will incur legal action and exclusion of any future event participation.
Refund policy and cancellation:
Participant cancellation: In the event of a cancellation by the participant, we operate a non-refundable policy (unless otherwise stated upon booking). All tickets are booked by name and only valid for the name/ names given on the booking for the specific event booked. They are only transferrable by name, for the same event, up to two weeks (14 days) before the date of the event (a £3 admin charge will apply to all transfers).
Snowdon Events cancellation: Due to the nature of our events, Snowdon Events reserves the right to alter the route/ course, amend the date or cancel the event due to uncontrollable factors that may directly affect the event. If the event is cancelled by Snowdon Events with no alternate date being offered, a full refund will be given.
Snowdon Events on occasion partners with charity organisations. A donation percentage is stated on event information pages. Snowdon Events accepts no donations or responsibility for fundraising efforts by participants. Any additional donations should be presented directly to the charity.
Snowdon Events adheres to the Data Protection Act of 1998 and do not share your personal details with any third-party companies or agents.
Snowdon Events reserves the right to update its terms and conditions at any time, without informing its participants.