Saturday 29th September 2018 9.30am Llanberis
A unique event for your four legged friend! The ultimate dog day out...
Enter online today at only £30.00!
About the event
Join us on the 2nd of June this year for an event like no other. To celebrate the companionship of dog and owner we are hosting Paws for Snowdon. This special event has been designed with tails in mind, the perfect chance for you to soak up the glory of Snowdonia on what could be your best dog walk yet! The days walk will be fully guided by qualified Mountain Leaders, all who have dog handling experience.
Unlike any other events in the UK, this is uniquely for you and your dog. Our dog friendly route will provide a good paw stretch without compromise. Fear not, the trail is paw friendly and gentle enough, for dogs and owner’s a like.
What we provide:
Free goody bag
Free Raffle entry to win over £250 worth of prizes
Guided by qualified Mountain Leaders
Free dog poo bags
Free water and food stations
50% of PROFITS given to Guide Dogs for the blind
What to bring
Your dog must tick a few boxes* to participate in this event: they must be fit and healthy, used to regular walks, of a resilient breed (toy breads may not be allowed), well behaved around people and other dogs, not require a muzzle, and be kept on the lead at all times.
There will be doggy goody bags, watering stations, and free poop bags provided. This way there’s no excuse not to pick up all dog mess and carry it off the mountain as there are only bins at the bottom. You will require all of the items on our kit list along with a sense of adventure.
*for the safety of the animals we reserve the right to turn your dog away on the day if they are deemed unfit or too small.
Recommenced kit list paws 4 Snowdon:
· Dog! Please bring them with a collar and lead
· Walking boots
· Suitable walking clothing
· Small bag containing: a warm layer, waterproofs, a drink, lunch, snacks, gloves/ hat, suncream
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Although this is our own event, we will be donating 50% of the profits to Guide Dogs for the Blind in support of their continued work.
Guide Dogs is the world's largest breeder and trainer of working dogs. Thanks to their dedicated staff, volunteers, and vital donations they have helped over 29,000 people to achieve life-changing independence.
In 2016, it cost £48.9 million to run the guide dog service. Through this unique dog friendly event we hope to raise awareness of this fantastic charity and contribute towards their work.
To find out more, visit their website at: www.guidedogs.org.uk
- How far is this walk? The maximum route will be 12 kilometre however we will be offering a 6 kilometre alternative on the day also.
- Whats the minimum age limit for this walk? For dogs, 6 months minimum. For humans, 12 years old minimum, anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Where does the walk go? The route will take you and your furry friend from Llanberis, through the foothills, and up Snowdon.
- Does the ticket price include my dog? Yes the ticket price is valid for one person and their pet.